Our experts have researched and suggested loads of dissertation ideas in a whole range of subjects.
Each dissertation idea has a suggested title and a description outlining the idea and suggesting some reading in the area. Just select the subject you need help with below to see the example ideas:
Dissertation ideas - alphabetical subject index
- The similarities and differences between financial and management accounting and their overlap in some businesses
- A case study analysis of Organisation X and their debt to equity ration over the last decade and subsequent impact on managerial decisions
- Treatment of accruals in a volatile marketplace – how should manufacturing firms prepare their accounts
- The specific requirements of arenas and concert halls – a consideration of their unique requirements and stakeholders demands
- A critical comparison of the costs and benefits of prefabrication compared to traditional design and planning methods
- Planning for the likely impact of natural phenomena when designing buildings – factors that architects must take into account in seismic areas
- How do UK models of international expansion compare with models of expansion from other countries and what are the implications of this for organisational growth
- Assessing the impact of Corporate Social Responsibility on customer perceptions: A comparison of BP and Royal Dutch Shell
- Health and safety best practice in UK SME’s – is enough being done to promote a safe and productive working environment
- The impact of compulsory purchase orders on local communities: A case study of London and the 2012 Olympics
- The rhetoric and reality of health and safety in the construction industry: An examination of activities in SME construction firms
- Inconsistencies in Local Authority planning applications: a comparison of acceptance rates in London Boroughs
- An examination and explanation of the growing divide between social classes in the UK as a result of economic activity
- A comparison of market oligopoly in the UK retail sector – are they true oligopolies or simply strategically inter-dependent: A case study of the supermarket giants
- Assessing the relationship between government policy and organisational innovation – is current policy holding us back?
- The effect of teaching religion in schools – should all children be compelled to learn about other faiths and cultures?
- Is it right to allow “text speak” to be accepted in exam texts and coursework – is it evolution of the language or a lack of care on the part of the teacher?
- Teaching children with ADHD and the effects on other pupils in mainstream education
- Developing bespoke equipment for supply chains to deliver value added and competitive advantage – an engineering perspective
- The challenges of accurately measuring carbon output from a service based industry and how engineering experience can help – a case study of Vion
- Using information systems to improve organisational efficiency and share knowledge – a case study of organisation X
- Is it time for banks to relax their lending criteria to help kick-start the UK economy?
- Is good business, good business: a critical review of the financial impact of adopting principles of triple bottom line accounting
- The ethics of lending criteria – what risks should banks and financial institutions assess before they lend to SME’s
Human Resources Management
- In a service-led society employees are the last competitive advantage: A critical assessment of why so few organisation successfully adopt the Resource Based View of HRM
- Should more organisations be embracing Flexicurity – a critical review of the benefits and challenges?
- Should HR act as an administrator or an arbitrator where poor leadership is concerned: A view from the boardroom
- Is cloud computing the future – how business can gain sustainable competitive advantage by using cloud computing as part of their expansion strategy
- Finding the best data sharing software: a critical comparison of SharePoint, Dropbox and others
- The benefits and challenges of using open source software in agile and Xtreme software projects
- Comparison of “best practice” approaches to knowledge management in the contemporary environment
- Benefits and barriers to creating an environment and organisational culture which fosters innovation
- A case study of X local authority and the application of lean management principles in the public sector
- A critical comparison of loyalty card schemes and how organisations use the data to target their marketing efforts
- Valuing brands across international borders, how Coca-Cola translated their brand into different languages and cultures
- The detrimental effects of banner advertising online: Why some direct marketing approaches are not as effective in practice
- Raising awareness of the contributory factors of Type 2 diabetes in women – the role of community nurse practitioners
- The Occupational Health (OH) needs of sedentary employees in desk-bound jobs – what advice should be given
- Under and over-diagnosis of mental health disorders amongst adults – are we at risk of medicating our way out of social treatments
- How can the rate of adoption be improved in the UK, especially for Black Minority Ethnic (BME) children in need of specialist care
- A critical study of the triggers for adopted adults to find their birth parents and the need to address the unintended consequences
- A detailed analysis of the prevalence of domestic violence amongst Asian communities in the UK – fact or media perception?
- A critical consideration of the impact of cultural immigration and how it has changed societal perspectives in the UK – have we become more or less tolerant as a result?
- What has history taught us – a review of the lessons learned from UK development and have we made the same mistakes twice?
- Is divorce too readily accepted in the UK and should more be done to support couples experiencing marriage difficulties